September 28, 2009

What a difference a day and a tool or two makes...

Today I thought about my security envelope quilt project differently. My first couple of quilt blocks are not all that pretty to look at and for that matter not inspiring me. Now these 2 examples are getting closer to the look I want.



So what changed, you ask? My Tools.

As the old adage goes you need the right tool for the job.


Up until now my process was using paper "scrapbook tools". But I was not getting the look of a quilt block....I thought, what if I used sewing and quilting tools?


I dragged out the rotary cutter, cutting mat, metal ruler, along with the scrapbook paper cutter, 2 inch square punch and of course a good old fashioned pair of scissors.




The right tools do make a difference. I still need to work out some kinks with regard to "seam allowance".
But just getting my hands to do what my head is envisioning, now that is what fills me full of security.






No comments:

Post a Comment