October 11, 2009

Can't See the Forest for the Trees




I've been bogged down again with the real job, the job that pays the bills. Bills that come in my security envelopes treasures. The 9am to 5pm job takes so much time away from my 9pm to 5am passions.

This week I did two little dancey dances. I got my first set of envelopes for my Security Envelope Quilt Project from begging to my family and friends. And I got a colored security envelope design that I did not have.

A big shout out goes to my 74 year old Aunt Carolyn. She may not get me or get this art project I'm working on, but she saved me some gems in the security envelope world. She gave me a variety of black and white designs, some I did not have and best of all some colored designs. Quite a few beautiful blue designs and my very first brown design. Here are a sample of what she gave me.




A BIG Thank you Aunt Carolyn, it really meant alot to me and you gave me some of the best I've found yet. I'll be sending a little something special in an envelope from me to you.

So folks, don't be shy. You too can participate in my Security Envelope Quilt Project and get a little something from me for your troubles. Just send me some of your junk mail security envelopes. email me at dixiedoll@gmail.com for my home address. Thanks for reading.

I may not be able to quite see all of the forest for the trees, but only in what I seek, is security.

No comments:

Post a Comment