September 26, 2009

A Stitch in Time


Well this week was not as productive as I would have liked for the Security Envelope Quilt Project. This is an example of the latest quilt block. Even though I did not spend a lot of time piecing blocks, I did score several boxes of unused security envelopes at my favorite thrift store. As you can see in the example the word recycle and the recycle symbol are repeated. I really like the graphics and how they repeat on the paper. I mixed these blocks with some of my treasured green hatch style security envelope.

In my little collection of security envelopes, colored envelopes are rare. Most frequently in my mail I get white envelopes with black graphics, or sometimes blue graphics, and occasionally the white envelope with gray graphics. But there are days when the colored envelopes come with the black security graphics inside and I do the security envelope dancey dance.

So if you are reading please send me some of your junk mail, specifically security envelopes. Email me at dixiedoll@gmail.com for my home address.
Thanks for reading and as always I hope your day is safe and completely secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment