October 27, 2009

mail boxes full of new found security






Here is the latest quilt block. I really liked the way the crosshatch pattern meshed together. I got a manila envelope today and that got me to thinking. The manila envelope could be considered a security envelope of sorts. Even though a manila envelope does not have patterns, I could use the the solid color of the manila envelope. The yellow color will work well with the black patterned security envelopes that I have collected so far.

Of which I got a couple new patterns in my mail yesterday. I did a little dance and got excited when I saw a new pattern. The pattern is composed of little squares with stars in the middle of each square, which is similar to the quilt block that I just did.



Well my low back has been hurting for over a week now. Which really stinks.


It's been several months of no back pain so I'm overdue for a flareup of the ankylosing spondylitis or another kidney stone. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the two pains, except the kidney stones tend to hurt on the side rather than the middle. But when they start hurting, they hurt real good.
I'm off work today due to the Hurricane /tropical storm/ bunch of rain and a little wind named Ida. I'm at my parent's place helping Opa watch CoCo and cousin Hayden. I have a work-in appointment with my pain management doctor at 1:00. Tomorrow I'll be off from work again for the Veteran's Day Holiday, one of the few perks of a government job.

Hopefully this afternoon the pain will be better . So I can mix up a batch of quilt blocks with the main ingredient of security envelopes, a sprinkling of manila envelopes and a little dash, just for good, measure of security.

No comments:

Post a Comment