September 15, 2011

My Apple Art for the Hope and Apples Campaign


Off and on for the past year I have followed the artistic and health advocacy website of Jennifer Visscher at thefeedingedge.com

For the last year she has created through various artistic media a 5"x5" piece of art featuring an apple. Her year-long art project, “An Apple a Day to raise AS Awareness" is about to come to an end on October 1 in a 24 hour Apple-A-Thon. She has asked that those of us with us and our family and friends to create our own apple and send them to her.
So the call for for artist, stirred the artist in me once against. But since I had purged all of my art and craft supplies two years ago. I had an idea from my last art project. I used some of my accumulated bills, and took the security envelopes and created an apple.
Through the widow part of the envelope I created a "spine" similar to the logo for the Spondylitis Association of America
topped off the spine with an for the head apple head. I used 3 different envelope patterns on the front. The back of the square I used a blue pattern.
I'm calling it " The Hope, the Apple and Some Security".

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thank you for contributing to AS awareness & fundraising.

    ReplyDelete