November 24, 2009

Talking Turkey Around the Block

Turkey Tracks Variation Quilt Block
Size: 9"x9"
Constructed of Security Envelopes, Scrapbook paper and mounted on a Manila Envelope


This is Thanksgiving week and in the favorite geometric shapes chapter of my new quilt book there was this pattern called Turkey Tracks Variation. The "variation" part comes "by abutting these blocks side by side, a new block is created in each set of four that are joined".

My scanner only scans 8.5" x 11" and some of the end points are not fully visible on this one 9"x9" block. The scanner is not the best representation for how the block looks in person. For instance the very center block that is surrounded by black triangles, is a very unusual security envelope. That particular patterned envelope looks like a group of feathers. I would have used it more in this block but I only had one envelope, so I had to use it sparingly, but if I come across some more of the feather patterned envelopes, I'll probably try a variation by assembling 4 blocks together with more of the feathered patterned envelope.



This week among the new find of the feather envelope pattern, I found a new letter opener or it may be old, or just a new one made to look old. Anyway I thought it was cool.
Happy Thanksgiving from me in my little land full of turkey and of security.


No comments:

Post a Comment